In today's dynamic world, it is an indispensable responsibility for manufacturers to create, preserve and improve the quality and satisfy customers' demands in an economic way. In order to satisfy customer requirements fully, Karel aims to improve its product and service quality, deliver them at the right time without any deficiency and establish unconditional customer satisfaction. Karel's Quality Department also works for that mission.
Quality Department consists of the sub-departments of Quality Assurance, Product Quality and Supply Quality Assurance. Quality Department is responsible for the implementation of ISO-9001 Quality, ISO-14001 Environmental, ISO-13485 Medical Devices and IATF 16949 Automotive Quality Management System, process management and continuous improvement, follow-up of corrective and preventive activities, quality control of products, calibration, verification of purchased products and monitoring the performance of suppliers.
Karel has defined entire processes covering design, production, sales and after-sales services. At every stage from check-in of raw materials to delivery, the products are monitored on a Oracle based ERP system and tested in accordance with the relevant standards and technical specifications by qualified personnel using suitable and calibrated equipments.
Our Quality Policy is:
At the right time, by using a quality management system whose effectiveness is constantly monitored and improved, taking into account customer requests and developments in the sector,
- Designed at the end of a process that has been verified to meet the demands and standards at every stage with the best equipment and engineering power, without losing its low-cost, quality product philosophy,
- Aiming at maximum customer satisfaction,
Or to offer products that are provided in international quality standards,
- To accept legal legislation and other relevant regulations as minimum requirements,
- To serve these products at the same standards,
- To improve these products continuously by evaluating the feedback from customers,
- To train and support our authorized dealers who sell and maintain them so that they can provide better service,
- We are committed to maintaining and continuously improving an effective and efficient quality management system and processes.
As KAREL employee, OUR MAIN GOAL is to carry our leadership in the telecommunication and electronic production sector one step further and maintain sustainability of the position to activities for preservation of environment and nature by complying with all national and international regulations.
By the Environmental Management System that we have developed,
- We are making all the efforts to minimize the consumption of natural resources and to prevent environmental pollution by setting targets within the framework of continuous improvement,
- To leave the world a cleaner place for future generations,
- Accept the legal environmental regulations and the other terms of agreements as minimum requirements.
- To raise the awareness about the preservation of environment and natural resources
among the members of KAREL and society,
Our Environmental Management System is:
Considering the internal and external factors; our environmental management system aims implementing environmental management standard and also regulatory requirements, continuous improvement of them, reach the objectives about environment and increasing our environmental performance within the scope below.
Milestones of Quality Activities
- 1998 ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certification
- 2003 Data Analysis by Transition to Oracle Based ERP
- IPC J-STD-001 Commencement of trainings within the body of KAREL
- 2007 CMMI Level 3 Compliance and Certification of Re & De Processes
- 2008 Commencement of Application of Plain 6 Sigma Philosophy, and 8 Successful First Phase Project
- 2010 Installment of infrastructure allowing for instant monitoring of process, with Statistical Process Control
- 2010 National Confidential / NATO Confidential - Facility Security Certificates (Production Facilities)
- 2010 Production Permit Certificate
- 2012 Installment of IPC Training Lab where 4 Essential Training on IPC can also be provided, and Reaching Training of 700 Personnel
- 2014 OHSAS 18001: 2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Certification
- 2015 ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management System Certification
- 2016 ISO / IEC 27001: 2013 Information Security Management System Certification
- 2018 Authorized Economic Operator Status Certificate
- 2019 National Confidential / NATO Confidential - Facility Security Documents (R&D)
- 2020 ISO 22301: 2012 Business Continuity Management System Certification
- 2020 ISO / IEC 20000-1: 2018 Information Technologies - Service Management System Certification
- 2019 IATF 16949: 2016 LOC. Automotive Quality Management System Certification
- 2020 CMMI v1.3 for Development ML3 Certification
- 2020 13485: 2016 Medical Devices Quality Management System Certification
- 2020 Covid-19 Safe Production Certification
- 2022 REV.D Turkey AS9100 Aerospace and Defense Quality Management System is targeted.
- Software-Hardware and Mechanic Verification and validation tests and control of inputs and outputs in the way that covers all the process conducted from Design to Production, raw materials and products.
- Internal and external triggering activities in the direction of essential requirements such as ISO 9001, 14001, 13485, 22301, 20000-1, 27001, IATF 16949, OHSAS 18001 and IPC
- Conduction of conditioning and life tests such as Incombustibility, Air Conditioning, Impermeability, Vibration, Dropping in a way that they meet customer requirements, including MIL
- Conduction of plain 6 Sigma projects with 1 Black Belt, 30 Green Belt and 20 Yellow Belt
- Design, conduction and control of R&D processes in such a way that they cover not just software but also Hardware and Mechanic Processes according to CMMI requirements
- Verification of electronic metering device and equipment within the body of KAREL
- Increasing the productivity with managing the process more active and secure controlling by Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) devices.
Standards specified below are taken as basis within the body of KAREL for essential requirements. Along with this, additional standards are considered depending on customer, raw material and product requirements.
Karel implements following standards:
IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies
IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
IPC WHMA-A-620 Cabling Set Approval Requirements
IPC 7711/7721 Reprocess, Maintenance and Modification Requirements
IPC-A-600 Acceptability of Printed Boards
IPC-6012 Qualification & Performance OF Printed Boards
IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020 Moisture Sensitivity Classification for Non-hermetic Solid State Surface Mount Devices
IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033 Handling, Packing, Shipping, and Use of Moisture-Sensitive Surface-Mount Devices
ETSI-ETS 300 019-2-1 Environmental Conditions and Environmental Tests for Telecommunications Equipment; Part 2-1: Specification of Environmental Tests; Storage
ETSI-ETS 300 019-2-2 Environmental Conditions and Environmental Tests for Telecommunications Equipment; Part 2-2: Specification of Environmental Tests; Transportation
ETSI-ETS 300 019-2-3 Environmental Conditions and Environmental Tests for Telecommunications Equipment; Part 2-3: Specification of Environmental Tests; Stationary use at weather protected locations
ANSI ESD S20.20 Protection of Electrical and Electronic Devices, Installation and Equipment
IEC 61340-5 Series Protection of Electronic Devices from Electrostatic Developments