In today's dynamic world, it is an indispensable responsibility for manufacturers to create, preserve and improve the quality and satisfy customers' demands in an economic way. In order to satisfy customer requirements fully, Karel aims to improve its product and service quality, deliver them at the right time without any deficiency and establish unconditional customer satisfaction. Karel's Quality Department also works for that mission.
Quality Department consists of the sub-departments of Quality Assurance, Product Quality and Supply Quality Assurance. Quality Department is responsible for the implementation of ISO-9001 Quality Management System, process management and continuous improvement, follow-up of corrective and preventive activities, quality control of products, calibration, verification of purchased products and monitoring the performance of suppliers.
Karel has defined entire processes covering design, production, sales and after-sales services. At every stage from check-in of raw materials to delivery, the products are tested in accordance with the relevant standards and technical specifications by qualified personnel using suitable and calibrated equipments.
Our Quality Policy is:
- Providing quality products with reasonable prices that are designed according to the customer demands and developments in the industry, and produced with an understanding of quality as per international standards or procured from abroad provided that they are certified in accordance with such standards,
- Continuously developing the products with the feedback received from the customers,
- Providing after-sales services according to the best standards for our products; and training, supporting and reviewing our Authorized Dealerships in this context to ensure customer satisfaction.
As KAREL employee, OUR MAIN GOAL is to carry our leadership in the telecommunication and electronic production sector one step further and maintain sustainability of the position to activities for preservation of environment and nature by complying with all national and international regulations.
By the Environmental Management System that we have developed,
- We are making all the efforts to minimize the consumption of natural resources and to prevent environmental pollution by setting targets within the framework of continuous improvement,
- To leave the world a cleaner place for future generations,
- To raise the awareness about the preservation of environment and natural resources
among the members of KAREL and society,
Milestones of Quality Activities
- 1998 ISO 9001 Certification
- 2003 Data Analysis by Transition to Oracle Based ERP
- IPC J-STD-001 Commencement of trainings within the body of KAREL
- 2007 CMMI Level 3 Compliance and Certification of Re & De Processes
- 2008 Commencement of Application of Plain 6 Sigma Philosophy, and 8 Successful First Phase Project
- 2010 Installment of infrastructure allowing for instant monitoring of process, with Statistical Process Control
- 2012 Installment of IPC Training Lab where 4 Essential Training on IPC can also be provided, and Reaching Training of 700 Personnel
- 2015 ISO 14001 Certification
- Software-Hardware and Mechanic Verification and validation tests and control of inputs and outputs in the way that covers all the process conducted from Design to Production, raw materials and products.
- Internal and external triggering activities in the direction of essential requirements such as ISO 9001, 14001 and IPC
- Conduction of conditioning and life tests such as Incombustibility, Air Conditioning, Impermeability, Vibration, Dropping in a way that they meet customer requirements, including MIL
- Conduction of plain 6 Sigma projects with 1 Black Belt, 30 Green Belt and 20 Yellow Belt
- Design, conduction and control of R&D processes in such a way that they cover not just software but also Hardware and Mechanic Processes according to CMMI requirements
- Verification of electronic metering device and equipment within the body of KAREL
Standards specified below are taken as basis within the body of KAREL for essential requirements. Along with this, additional standards are considered depending on customer, raw material and product requirements.
Karel implements following standards:
IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies
IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
IPC WHMA-A-620 Cabling Set Approval Requirements
IPC 7711/7721 Reprocess, Maintenance and Modification Requirements
IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020 Moisture Sensitivity Classification for Non-hermetic Solid State Surface Mount Devices
IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033 Handling, Packing, Shipping, and Use of Moisture-Sensitive Surface-Mount Devices
ETSI-ETS 300 019-2-1 Environmental Conditions and Environmental Tests for Telecommunications Equipment; Part 2-1: Specification of Environmental Tests; Storage
ETSI-ETS 300 019-2-2 Environmental Conditions and Environmental Tests for Telecommunications Equipment; Part 2-2: Specification of Environmental Tests; Transportation
ETSI-ETS 300 019-2-3 Environmental Conditions and Environmental Tests for Telecommunications Equipment; Part 2-3: Specification of Environmental Tests; Stationary use at weather protected locations
Karel has ISO-9001 Quality System Certificate since 1998 and currently operates in accordance with ISO-9001:2008 version.